"If Only" - Ryan's Reply to Kheya


Third & last part of the Trilogy "Kheya" - Why this Kolavari di ? Kheya has already replied what she went though.  Now its Ryan’s turn to tell his part of the story. If you haven’t read earlier two posts then please read them first. "Kheya" - Why this Kolavari di ? & Kheya's Reply to "Why this Kolavaridi".

“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time, or fourth.” +THE ALCHEMIST, PAULO COELHO

Love doesn’t change, people do. For those who believe, no evidence is indispensable. For those who don’t, no proof is possible. How much I loved you needs to no attestation if you have had believed in me, Miss/Mrs ‘Kheya’.

Have I ever told you about the first time I saw you? Everything was young back then. The era before hope, love and dawn. There was just me and then there was light, there were you, my shining, ‘twinkling’ star. 

“Love” has got a tremendous supremacy in itself. The power of sacrifices, be it non-veg, beer, Xbox, sleep or anything else. You never asked me to forfeit these, but I did because that would have made you happy. Kheya did you ever tried to know how I knew your flat number and address when you lost your phone? Nor you asked how every time when you came to coffee vending machine, I used to be present there. Was that all coincidences? Nah !!! A lot of things happened in background Kheya. Its true that you proposed me but it was me who fell in love with you since I saw you first time. Love at first sight happens, definitely happens“Dear, that if eyes were made for seeing, then beauty is its own excuse for being.”


Have you ever noticed Kheya that colour of my t-shirt always matched with yours? You liked to wear light colour dresses in beginning of the week, yellow on Thursday and mostly blue or black on Fridays? You might do it randomly but I used to keep several tees in my bag to match the colour of your dress, I though you would observe me someday and like that six months passed, you never discern but my friends did. There were you and there were unspoken stories.I thought I shall shape the stories, but the reverse became closer
to the truth and then one day I found your phone lying on ground near your cubicle.

That was the best moment of my existence when you hugged me. I was aware of your large number of admirers that’s why when you asked me for the treat, I delayed it, I was all set at that moment itself, but didn’t want to show you how anxious I was I didn’t want to loose you in hurry, which is typical opposite to my character. I hate reading novels but since you liked it and liked more to discuss I started reading them, A few nights I woke all long just to complete the novel so next day we could discuss.

There were friends who always helped me, may be they knew how much I liked you. The girl who sat next to you used to ping me the moment you pick
your coffee cup and in no time I used to rush to the coffee machine and you always though it was coincidence. We called it settings, like this there were many. How can I ever forgot the ever memorable moments of planning and execution. You know though being a boy I spent two hours time in front of the mirror, wiped out crease of a dozen t shirts the evening you gave we meet for

your ‘phone’ treat.


Kheya, the two years we spent together was the most beautiful phase of my life. Might be I stopped telling you how much I loved you everyday, but did that mean I actually didn’t? Haven’t u seen the dairy milk romance ad ? Remember those chocolates? were not those token of love? Up and downs are part of a relation, did not we stand for each other during toughest of times? Then why you didn’t tell me if you thought I stopped loving you ? Does feeling change so fast? At least not for me Kheya.

If you really loved me then why you left me alone and went to Pune? Why you didn’t come back in one month which was scheduled? Didn’t you know how lonely I was living? I stopped going out with friends on weekends so that I can talk to you on phone. And one day you said over the same phone it’s over and tried to justify it. You said its over because you don’t feel for me anymore.

I don’t think you gave up because you believed the things you said. I don’t. I feel you wanted to believe them, because you’re quitting. And you wanted me to agree with you, and you wanted me to say,“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You’re right.” It’s all fucked up. I don’t agree with you. I simply can’t yaar.  “Of all the lies you told me, `I Love You` was my Favourite.”


Then, there was a pause in my life, a longer one. No one knows how I survived those days. Well I must thank you for this, because of =you I came to know who my true friends are after all.

Remember the song “Aisa Zakham diya hain jo na phir bharega, Har haseen chere se ab yeh dil darega.”  ? Exactly the same.Now i fear any girl who want to come close. I was stuck in between a tornado, a long one and then my friends showed me the way. Once the storm was over I didn’t remember how I made it through, how I managed to survive. Even now, I am not sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain now I’m not the same person who walked in. You changed me completely Kheya. Last time we spoke you said me that I am jealous of Sam and You are happier than ever. I wish you happiness Kheya, you deserve to be happy, but I have got beyond that by some means.

I never got a chance to put my words what might have teared the relation apart.  May god bless you happiness but don’t ask me to pardon you, I am not God. You can’t set some on ablaze and then give him band-aid to show you do care/ed. I have to walk and live with an unbearable pain within me for my whole life, may be with time I will adjust to live with it but the pain will be there, always. 

“First Love” is the purest of all emotions and when it breaks ….

Love never dies, some affairs which can’t reach its destination, is better being stopped up at a nice point. With negativity in heart we can’t spread happiness. If only I could erase those sad memories and carry on. I believe that everything happens for a reason, people change so that you can learn to let them go, you believe lies so you sooner or later learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. I shall bank upon the happy days we had together and help people make happy stories.  
Finally ending my reply with what I have written for you long back. Remember the first day when you came  to my desk and I was typing something in notepad. Here it is.

If Only

If only I could call U like a murmuring stream, Could U still stay without responding?

If only I could have been that glittering star, Could U then avoid me like that?

If I touch U like a squall, Can U still neglect the shiver?

If my love could be like moonlight, Could U still hide Yr-self?

If my tears could fall on yr lips like raindrop, Could U still abate yr trembling lips?

If I could have been the frosty wind of winter, won’t U resist me with a little warmth?

If I would have been the nature, Could you still say “Don’t love me”


U can only deny, but U can’t escape my -Love.


"I shall ignore you so much that you'll begin to Doubt your own Existence.  +Mr. Ryan Malhotra."

© & ℗ Reserved: +Pritam Pal



37 comments:

  1. Wonderful is the word!!N Pritam it's not only the story of Ryan!!! It's a story of every one who ever has fallen in love and cared immensely for the loved one!!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful portray of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pritam...................

    No words can complement this post.

    Read it again & again & again.

    If Only..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only few people can express themselves like this.
    You have taken love to a different stage.
    Every word of this is "gold dust" my friend.
    Why don't U write a book ? It will be best seller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This line touched my heart
    "That was the best moment of my existence when you hugged me",
    suddenly i started feeling more love for my GF.

    Pritams

    Thanks you for the post and showing the power of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be a sleepless night dear Pritam.
    earlier I thought kheya was right, but now I pity for her. Poor girl, she doesn't know what she lost.
    And Ryan, why u worry ? Good people fall apart to make way for better people.
    Pritam Pal, why I feel a similarity b/n you n ryan ? all ok ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pritam
    Excellent. I guessssssss kheya is going to have a april sleepless night too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Pritam. What a nice gift to yourself :!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love : its needs redefinition and should be built on truth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touched by "If Only".....
    From where u get the pics mans ? they compliment the story telling .

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl like KheyaFriday, December 23, 2011

    Ryan
    If things are real as you narrated then I see a point of repenting if I am Kheya.
    But as I know people like "Ryan narrated here" is less. Very less.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Few people suggested me to remove the very last line of the post.
    "I shall ignore you so much that you'll begin to Doubt your own Existence. +Mr. Ryan Malhotra."
    They feel Ryan's character is not like this. He shouldn't keep any negativity in his heart for anyone, even for the girl who hurt him most.

    And then some set of people think for this generation Ryan is a real time person, and he has his own feelings, he can't be a typical novel lover who would sacrifice everything incl his own emotions.

    So guys I am keeping the line intact because real emotion matters .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice thoughts Pritam.
    Very well expressed.
    Keep Writing.I found emotions in Ryan's love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome is the word.
    May truth prevails.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ryan's Love dint have any Language and it can only be felt not seen.
    See the following Youtube Video which exactly compliment the feeling.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NufZNIGLwu0

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tune Jo Na Kaha, Mein Woh Sunta Raha
    Khamaka Bewaja Khwaab Buntha Raha

    Jaane Kiski Humein Lag Gayi Hai Nazar
    Is Shehar Mein Na Apna Tikana Raha

    ReplyDelete
  16. What happens to Ryan & Kheya next ? please dont end the series here.
    This much story we have heard and now you cant stop and say its over.
    This must be hard time for both Ryan and kheya how they move on in their life ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really you cannt end it like this.
    I am anxious to know how Ryan will lead a new life without the love of his life ?
    Will he continue to pursue Kheya ?
    I have lots of questions in my mind after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happened next
      http://22december.blogspot.com/2012/01/status-quo-its-complicated.html

      Delete
  18. awesome da way you have expressed yourself hats off...i used to think that guys are not expressive but thanks to for making my thoughts proved wrong...the way you have put your words to describe the whole thing s jst superb..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pritam
    tel me something, How you know all these about the pair ? aka ryan and kheya ?
    You said kheya is friend of yrs but then how ryan? Do u know both of them ? then plz plz plz give me his number.

    ReplyDelete
  20. on behalf of ryan to kheyaThursday, December 29, 2011

    Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday?
    Will he make you feel like you’re invincible with every word he’ll say?
    Can you promise me if this was right? Don’t throw it all away.
    Can you do all these things? Will you do all these things like we used to?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Guys and Gals for coming back and referring this blog post. This blog post has been shared 52 times in Fb and some 20 times in G+.

    Okies. I understand the anxiety of a reader when a story ends in between. Few people wanted to know what happened to Ryan and Kheya ?
    I know what happened to them, but will you able to digest the truth ?
    I will check back in 2 days. If you say yes, I shall tell you what happened next.

    P.S : Why you guys comment using "Anonymous" ? You all must have beautiful names, use them , so I will also know who are reading and commenting. Is n't that fair ?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes.... bring some more emotion this new year.
    Want more on how Ryan revived ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too good.
    Really i never knew boys does have emotions too.
    After reading i feel, i might have met one people like Ryan, but i never valued him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys doesn't show emotion, but does that mean that is not there ?
      Many people mistook it saying "He has changed...."
      But Woh Pyaar hi kya jo badal jaye.....

      Delete
  24. How come i read this so lately. One by one i read all your blogs and then came back to this post to give you feedback.

    The trilogy is simply superb. you connected very well to the characters , sometime it looks like it happened to your life only. I wish not.

    Pritam you must write happened next here.
    You are a good storyteller, your GF must be very lucky.

    - Nitika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for yr comment.
      I started it thinking it to get some 300-400 viewers but then it zoomed.
      As many of you requested so I wrote the next part. The last one how Ryan got out of it.

      Ans to yr last line : Its complicated now.

      Delete
    2. Come on Pritam
      You deserve the best things in life.
      U have been there for all when they needed.

      Delete
  25. It's painful to know that you'll never be mine. But it is more painful to realize that I knew it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wait....
    Why the comments are pointing to me ?
    Im just a story teller. U can refer 'ryan' in your comments.... A lot of people started thinking im ryan, if only I could be as good as he ...if only..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Today was a tough day for me, we fought a lot and decided to break up. When I came home, I was looking for inspiration when I read your blog again. My bf is just like ryan, n reading yr blog I understood that sayibg ilu daily is not needed if someone really.loves u.
    Thanks Pritam for d nice write up n expressing it in a way which makes the heart to beat faster....

    Love u .... May u write many more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dont know how many times, but at least 30 times i have read this, and everytime I wanted , I hoped for a different ending..

    ReplyDelete
  29. i no much english, but yours write good, very good,toched my heart .
    if only, im copying it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How can I be reasonable? To me our love was everything and you were my whole life. It is not very pleasant to realize that to you it was only an episode.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Again read it today, nearly 5 times and now im totally down to memory lane. Yes Im girl like Kheya..
    I want to get out of it, all if it, this love and all.

    Pritam show some way......

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonder ful. The way emotions have came out. Never knew Pritam other than websites u writes well too

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is the best of your writing Pritam. Dude you are mettle.

    ReplyDelete