Ex



It’s been quite sometime been with you, but habitually I chat about you with my friends and colleagues during lunch. I keep hearing about your continuous growth, folks talk about you, you are everywhere, in news and Facebook.  Yes sometime I miss you too when I am no-one else. I miss those fun moments, Friday lunch out, tea time gossip, playing games in excel, hacking passwords,  those birthday bashes and instant messenger chats. Life was funnier before Facebook, romances were real and bold, waiting for 30th for the salary, Oh I miss you darling. 

Remember the third year of college when you said yes to me. Oh what a day it was, the happiest moment of my life then so far, I travelled for you here and there, you called me to Delhi and we were in fairyland. Life was close to perfect. But good times flee fast, there is an end of everything, every real thing must end. Couple of memorable years and then we called it a day on the last day of a month.

You were such darling despite of your flaws and the malevolence people associated with you. The best thing of you was the false promises; you were so perfect in lying, year after year, fooling everyone still keeping your super clear image impervious because people like me kept quite for the sake of good days we had together. We don’t talk in open forum about the goofy books. 

I could be a tiniest part of you, but I, that smallest part during recession worked nights after nights so that you and I live to tell the tale. But you rewarded everyone else except me for all I did, It was wrong. May be our ethics was different, wrong is wrong for me, while you were accommodating and focused towards growth, for you I was just a number while I considered you the world but soon I realised I was fallen for something wrong. Now I only hear about your public updates and happy that you are doing so well.

May be, I was born to do different things, may be I was not at all of your types. Heard that you are hiring 50K more people this year, all the best, but remember there would be few like me also who would be coming in your life sometime, who will do all for you. Would you repeat the same mistake again my dear “Ex bread and butter”? Will you again lie and make false promises and show them a dream of shiny day to keep your share price up in dalal street? 

Truth has no shades, let not play with people’s emotions; compulsion and dreams, there are many other hard and soft things to play with.

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of characters to actual persons, any software farm is purely coincidental.



6 comments:

  1. Thriller boss, I was thinking it to be a person, it came to be something else....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is it about yr ex company ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The WOW factor still there.. Nice story of past

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is your classic masterpiece sir..
    Till lst para couldnt guess..

    ReplyDelete