Sonal– When Its just Shadow


Heya was my roommate in college, the day I talked to her about Niket, she reacted strangely, could see a hidden smile in her face, then she asked why on the earth I was asking about Niket.  At that time she was a modern figure conscious girl just opposite to me, a bookworm. Later I came to know how like all other girls she too knew him for his tremendous image.


First I thought to tell my cousin that I don’t want to meet his friend Niket, but then decided to meet the Playboy of our college. I told myself thoudands times that I didn’t have any risk as I didn’t have a single quality what he would like and what could lead me to be one more number in his long list.

Ohh. If only I would knew what kind of path I was going to walk into.

My cousin would have told him about me and like hungry dog he was the library for the first time in his two years of college. And don’t know how he distinguished me from other girls and signaled me to come out.

After ten minutes of first talk, I knew he was very different than what I have heard about him .No doubt he was charming and had a great sense of humor but
He was stubbornly gifted . His smile was his charm and his eyes shiny while he talked, It was everything I wanted to see, they were deep and clear. I didn’t know how he talked to other girls and what he did to them but with me he was a gentleman.
I hoped to see him next day again.
   
Eleven months has passed since Niket went to NY. In last 330 days we never talked, exchanged mails or send each other greetings on occasions. I feared we were done, but still I was giving it another chance.

There were no dearth of  boys in my community and office, and even they knew I was once marriage, there was line of boys to marry me. But I kept waiting for a sunny day. Niket had himself told me one day “Give ‘Time some time” , may be I was doing the same thing.

I still loved him but we had a troublesome past, we expected  a whole world from each other and obviously we never got that, Dissatisfaction, hurt, suspicion , incredulity disrupted the love.
  
He never call me once. Nine months, is he is same guy who used to sit hours after hours at the bus stop for a single glance of me, the same guy who had sent friend request to two hundred Sonal in orkut to find which one I was among them. How could Niket change so much?

It was our third marriage anniversary yesterday and I had a great home he would call me no matter what, but slowly the hope diminished with every passing hours. At morning I thought it would be late night for him, might be he will call me at his morning, slowly it was my lunch time, I checked my network signal almost every minute. With every ring tone in and around my cubicle m heart beat spiked but no international call came. Hope started fading and something my in heart wanted to keep the hope alive. I wanted to live with a false hope and I switched off the cell around my evening. The night was really a long one, and with my mobile switched off, I just guessed that Niket would have called me and found the cell off. He might call sometime again. If I had kept my cell on and he didn’t call, the last hope would have died with the night.

Hope is a good things, may be the best thing and no good thing ever died, the line from Swashank Redemption gave me courage to live on. Niket, I am just a phone call away.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing piece..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read both the Blogs..

    A happy ending at last

    You wrote the sentiments nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic One Pritam.
    Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete