30



30, That’s a completely different territory, in all forms & profiles I would have to write thirty now, Mathematically its just one more year but physiologically it’s a huge transference, at least a generation if not less. Now few dreams seem practically tough, some hope seems to be fading away. All of a sudden I realized there is something called ‘Limit’ too.


Indeed 30 is a bad time for life, it a ‘caretaking’ phase of life when you just build and build. You rear-up kids, pay house loan, insurance, attend parent teachers meet and compare others life with you.

Success seems perspectival, luxury cars, Armani watches and the big screen TV doesn’t make me happy, I envy the biker couples around you at traffic signal more, the sensual, anxiety and freedom of 20’s are gone and the brilliance of 40’s is yet to come.

Oh ! 20s was awesome, if I had to define in one word.  I had been wanderlust, along with friends inched many parts of India, discovered few places, and made those famous by marking them on net, didn’t know where I slept, where I woke. I was in my 20s then, we all were actually. There was no horizon of imagination. Only needed a pair of jeans, tee shirt and bike keys. There was no end of Holidays and didn’t wait for December to take break.

Aha ! Slowly but surely I would gonna miss them one by one ..

Office Bunking was easy, just a phone call to Boss, Now other people do that to us.

There was no timeframe to call friends, or knock their door.

Eating & sleeping all weekend sometime was possible.

There was no counting of Pegs, You knew someone would drag you home, or sleep by your side if needed at road.

Bank was a wallet to keep money for spending, not to a fixed deposit.

You could bet to fuse with any Hot chic .

There was no Map or destination. 20s was itself a journey.


At 22 when I got my first salary “twelve thousand and some change”, that was a world to me. At least I was earning when many struggled for job. I had a few dreams, to publish my novel, start an Aid organization and visit London Tower Bridge.

TCS gave me friends, some real good one; one of them is an IAS today, my first bike and many sleepless nights. I also learnt how fake people could be, the warning was an eye opener that among so lovely people world have such horrid people too, sometime in same human being.

But its Oracle, which made what I’m today, I missed the dollars which I could make if I was in TCS, but I felt the elation of sitting in some big meetings, met some of the brightest minds of this country, some web geek, some code freak, some just awesome friends I made, some great memories I shared with them. All because I could take the risk, could take the decisions my heart said, may be that was the best part of 20’s , you just do what you want.

Until, few years ago, I never held boundaries or failures, believed in retries, never thought before trying unknown food or riding unknown roads without map, but then I was in my 20s, with time that changes as you inches closer to 30.

Now, I think before talking, many a times just smile instead pulling someone’s leg, I satisfy myself thinking that its called maturity, but what the use of growing up when you can’t be yourself.

Few people said I was somehow immature, puerile to be exact. But I could never find a reason why I shouldn’t be myself? If my upbringing was to share things with all, how can I only think about myself? I dint quite find the answer. May be I missed the part being “Clever”, I regret erstwhile, my parents should have taught me that too, I thought at times but I think 30’s would give me answers of those questions. There is no escape from death, there is no end of excursions, but there are questions whose answers I must find, in my 30’s 40’s and so on…

Putting down some of the nicest thing I found on net that one must understand when they turn 30.

Success is perspectival. Its not about what your money can buy, its about how many lives you can change.

Growth & contribution to society is the meaning of life.

Your job is not your mission, it’s the Passion what makes you going.

Relationships matters more than a degree and money, trust me.

You don’t need everyone to like you and you cant trust everyone too.

I am not the center of the universe. 

Living in the moment is living the life afterall.

We are often scared for no reason.
The past does not equal the future.

Pain can be useful; but suffering—there is absolutely nothing useful about suffering. 

Openness is just as important as honesty.

&

We must love, even if it breaks our hearts. Because unless we love, our lives will flash by. “Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all,”


May be I would lead to maturity with these pursuits. With time I have learnt that with time I just become more myself and best of me is yet to come.

Happy 30s


0 comments:

Post a Comment