Live it, Love it, Share it




No matter how much we strive, we would be never able to fulfil all wishes expected from us. I don’t censure people surrounding me coz I may be doing the same, I too may be expecting a lot from the people I feel close.

With ‘Mausam’ we too transform into someone we went not, sometime towards good sometime in the direction of the evilness and when we realize either its too late to go back or we already had adjusted to the new situation.



Long back when I just became 16, the very day dad took me to Rotary blood bank. As a normal other teenager I was too scared of needles and injections. I knew something bad going to happen. The signs were not in my favour, a nurse came and asked me to stand on the weight machine and then she noted my blood pressure also. An ill feeling started generating in my heart. Did dad bring me here for blood donation?

I was neither mentally prepared nor I was 18 at that time but I knew being a doctor dad couldn’t be wrong in these things. When doctors decided I was eligible to donate, dad came to me and whispered “this is the best thing you can do on your birthday.”

The size of injection was gigantic and the pain was intolerable mostly because I was scared and dying out of fear, with every ml of blood coming out of my body I thought I was going to die. Eventually the day passed.


Some 11 Years later when last time I stretched my hand for another syringe to go in and take out my blood I no more felt the pain. I stooped feeling the pain long back.

I may not make everyone around me happy, but deep inside my heart I feel that out of the 15 units of blood, platelets that I donated in last 11 years would have made some one to smile again.

P.S : If after reading this article anyone of you come forward and donate a single unit of blood I would consider my efforts worth.

Karke Dekho Aacha Lagta Hain J




0 comments:

Post a Comment