Remembering “The Jagjit Singh” : When the Ghazal lost its king!


This is the second blow for me within one week. Two of iconic people of my list left this world. First the iMan and then the Ghazal King.

Few were the people who did not have a moist eye when Jagjit and his wife Chitra rendered the kagaz ki kashthi song evoking memories of a childhood when all was innocent and uncomplicated. I was a kid when I first heard the song and then one by one I continued to listen his albums and I mesmerised in the silky voice.


When they expressed a desire to return to those days, we all harboured a similar wish to be returned to our childhoods in all its warm and loving embrace. And is there a soul whose passions remained unstirred when Jagjit crooned those immortal lines hotho se chu lo tum.

Stirring millions of hearts with his soulful numbers like Hoton se Chu lo tum, Jhuki jhuki si nazar and Kaagaz ki kashti, ghazal king Jagit Singh infused a new life in the dying genre of music in the seventies and carved a niche for himself in Bollywood.

In My Ipod he always occupied the biggest space after Kishore Kumar. Kishoreda was long gone before I was born but I did meet Jagjit Singh at Siri fort Auditorium, New Delhi a decade back.

Few people says his music was full of pain. But when someone is in pain nothing heals better than music, apart from this fact some of his songs like Hoshwalo ko Khabar kya is among top 100 songs of bollywood.

He had lent active support to several philanthropic endeavors such as the library at St. Mary's School, MumbaiBombay HospitalCRYSave the Children and ALMA.

Today as Jagjit leaves the temporal for the eternal, his notes are sure to fill the heavens. Like MaanaDey, KieshoreDa,RD Burman, Muskesh and Rafi he will be always in our Ipods, CDs and mobile and continue to make our memories live and make us go emotional again.

Woh kaghaz ki kashti woh barish ka paani (Chitra, Jagjit Singh)





Jagjit singh hosh walon


HOTON SE CHULO TUM

Jagjit singh Tera chehra hai aaine jaisa


jagjit singh - mujhse bichad ke



TereAane Ki Jab Khabar..-Jagjit Singh.mp4


TUM KO DEKHA TO Yeh Khayal Aaya




Remembering some more of his endless  legacy ..


"Pyar Mujh Se Jo Kiya Tumne"
"Tum Ko Dekha To Yeh Khayal Aaya"
"Yeh Bata De Mujhe Zindagi"
"Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar"
"Yun Zindagi Ki Raah Mein"
"Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar"
"Koi Yeh Kaise Bataye"
"Tere Khushboo Mein Base Khat"
"Too Nahin To Zindagi Mein Aur Kya Reha Jayega"
"Tum Itna Jo Muskura Rahe Ho"

Rest In Peace....

P.S : If you like the page then please Like using Facebook/Tweeter/G+1 link below.
You can leave comments so that I can improve.



1 comments:

  1. Fabulous...this is how I exactly felt when I read the newspaper that day...N I miss him everytime I hear to his songs on my Ipod...But u missed my favorite number on ur list here...Chitti Na koi Sandes..I jus love that song...n the depth of emotions it has...ok I can go on and on abu this great singer...But I must say u connect so very well to ppl pritam..to simple normal emotional ppl like me...the aam janta...mango ppl :)

    ReplyDelete