Moksha

History repeats itself” 
Niket had heard this line numerous times but he had hardly experienced the fact until a fortnight ago. People called him Loveguru, the peace maker. He was master of healing and patching. Let it bad flush, damaged motor, a programming code or life. Niket had a solution for each and everything. All, until a fortnight ago.

His first major assignment was about 7 years ago. A married couple, close friend of his, were living separately. They reasoned it to be different work locations. Excuses were many, but we knew Pink was no more pink, it was turning grey. A relationship of nearly 7 years and then a marriage was at edge of danger.

Being close to both of them Niket did not want to miss a chance of bringing them together and deduce what had gone wrong. He spoke to both of them. He understood, there was something that was similar between them. Anger, Love, Frustration, Possessiveness, Hatred, Selfishness or Trust, some entity was common. What the common thing is Niket wants you to find out. He travelled miles to meet them both, for days he listened to them. The couple used to bombard Niket with complaints every time they see him.

Once I accompanied Niket to the couple’s house and listen their discussion. They were either blaming or foul-mouthing each other. I found them submerged in negativity. No Sign of love. The only words that I could hear were of hatred and mistrust. I was more lost than Niket. 7 years of togetherness and this is all they could know about each other? I could not hold it anymore. On way back home I asked Niket “Do you think there is any chance they will ever live happily together?”

He asked me the same. In my view they could never stay together. But, Niket in his usual casualness and soberness smiled at me and said, “Soon...”

Though I asked him many times why he was so confident, he never answered me. After a few months I was surprised to see the couple together. The wife gave up the job and came back to husband. Sorting out the differences the husband too changed. Now years have passed. God has gifted them a beautiful Angel. They are very happy and content.

After that incident, many years passed. Niket could never see any of his friends in trouble. He let out a helping hand in whatsoever matter it is. He healed many broken hearts, and with every experience he gained confidence that love cannot be just destroyed. With this view Niket always made an effort rather than not trying.

But Niket’s life changed soon after this...

Dear friends of Niket were getting separated. They seem to be a perfect couple, everyone adored them. No one ever imagined the role model of love would get separated this way. But eventually they did.

At first Niket could not believe what he heard. But when he spoke to them he realised reality was much twisted than he feared. A couple who was together for eight long years decided to end it one day. Niket never tried this hard in life to patch anyone what he did in this scenario, but his charm didn’t work at all.

After a fortnight the couple finally said each other good bye. Niket and me could only say “God This was not to happen” and we left for Mumbai.

Moksha

Niket was depressed. Their separation could not be tolerated by him. He neither spoke nor ate in past two days except 20 packets of cigarettes. Forcefully I took him to marine drive and only after three hours of silence he broke into tears.

I was eager to know why a winner-Niket failed this time. Seven years ago without any experience he solved a much complicated case than this with ease.

Niket Says

In the old case both couple used to bombard about each they let out their feeling. Only then I could know what they had in mind. They fought because they loved each other, by shouting they wanted the other partner to know how angry they were and all they wanted is a hug in return. And when I talked to them I realised the screws were misplaced but the love was intact. So it was not a tough job as it seemed to be.

In the latter case things were different. They didn’t tell any bad things about each other, they never let out what they felt. No shouting, no crying. All they did was submerge their frustrations deep within them thinking not to hurt the other. But in result they were decaying themselves. Whatever I tried to make them realise they never understood. What was missing here was Love. It was excessive respect or affection in disguise of Love. They didn’t give themselves a chance to rectify their mistakes. They didn’t try at all to make this happen. Why do people act like that after knowing each other so many years?

For last 8 years I was only a medium, a communication channel. I just let the couple recall the good days they had and how much the other partner cared for each other. In most of the cases the love was always intact and with a little help of mine they found a way to express it.

A long pause and then Niket said me something that I could never forgot. “This was my last case Yuvi. I’m no good for anything. ”

I have known him for years. I knew once decided he won’t change. It was heartbreak for him too. As we stood up and continue to walk without any destination I too decided something.

“Let this be my last writing too, I too believed in love for all these years and seeing the couple get separated it made me to rethink again. Does love truly exists or it’s just another compromise?”

Once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. 
You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. 
When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.


2 comments:

  1. Pits : I may be wrong but it seems to me that its You.
    I know you for years but didn't know all these about you.
    Anyhow if you want to share you know who I am .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this first time, might got missed in between your numerous posts.
    Nice write up, its like u had given up all sentiments in this post.

    When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.

    ReplyDelete