Busy, Void Busy


Disclaimer: This is a work of Fiction. Though you may feel the characters resemble someone you know, but it’s purely ‘coincidental’ 


Can you do this for me, It’s little urgent” – First line of the ping from Ms X read.
Ms X of performance team joined as fresher four months back and indeed her performance was perceptible. She was already limelight of every party. Many eyes travel the maximum distance possible when she walks in cafeteria. 

I checked the time stamp of the message. A big relief. It was sent just ten minutes back in my Office communicator, so I was not much late. As usual I was away for a fag, it happened to be a quick break but sudden rumor of an affair about a friend of us stretched the discussion more than an hour.

Normally when I come back after one hour of Chai-Coffee-gossip break my office communicator would be all Green with new messages, sometime ten or more. Out of them eight will be forwarded jokes or my folks calling me for tea what I have already attended.

I read the message once again. It was different. Someone needs my help other than social gathering, time pass.

I felt at Office I was important for someone once again. Urgent word made me energized. I sat straight and told myself “Dude” it’s your day at last.

There were several things to address before I could work on this Urgent request.

  1. Four “Hi” messages in Gtalk needed my immediate attention. Software issues can wait Real life problems can’t. Obviously they were my first priorities. I needed to check with all of them if All izz Well. I was lucky to know they all were fine and just checking if I was doing well. Once satisfied I moved to next priority.
  2. Some mail came for Yoga Camp at office, I checked who all are joining. No luck there too, its all boys. I deleted the mail.

Twenty two minutes passed so fast, I opened that Urgent wala chat window finally.

“Can you do this for me, it’s little urgent”, now the time stamp was 35 minutes old. “Hi” I replied , waited for a minute when no reply came, I typed one more line quickly “Sorry was Busy, Tell me.”

When ten minutes passed and no reply came I said myself some other B*** must have done that important work for her. I put on my iPod and immersed myself into music.



Few Minutes later ….

A tap on my shoulder, then one more.  Tap Tap. I woke up in a jerk. Music makes me feel cosy and sometime even better that I fall asleep. I prayed GOD, the person behind me must not be my manager. With gloomy, confused and pitiful expression on face I looked back.

“Wao”  : Suddenly everything changed, like Srishant caught Mishbah on the last bowl.
“So this is why you were not replying my messages”- She said.
I unlocked my pc and felt ashamed to see so many messages of her in last ten minutes.
“Oh, I am sorry, was busy and needed a nap.” I said in a hurrying manner
“Hmm, Busy I know. Anyway there is an important work, Can you do that for me” She said
  
“Yes, Of course whatever. But I need a coffee before that. ” I said
“I am going for a coffee, will you join” I asked her.
“Are you asking me for a date?” She tried to make me feel embarrassed.
“If drinking coffee at office cafeteria with a colleague is a date then yes. ”  I replied in confident style.
She looked confused, I had surely scored a point over her.
She smiled back…..


 To be continued >>>>



5 comments:

  1. does she go with him on that so called date ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When 2nd Part is Coming ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is part 2?.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. oye kyaa hei eh half half.. :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The characters look pretty familiar :)

    ReplyDelete