10000




10,000 is a beautiful number and  I was always fascinated for this since I started this blog. 'Creative writing' is what the blog is all about, and for any original new writer, especially if author is a guy in an unromantic place like oracle, it’s hard to break the ice faster.

Reasons are countless, primarily girls don’t share or comment on a guy’s post/blog although she likes it, thinking what others (the male counterparts of her, may be as brother, hubby or boy-friend ) would assume, and secondly boys don’t share another guy’s post unless he is really a good reader and value for art. So Boys… Our chances are really slim, but a real fighter never gives up. There were days when my blog had no visit at all and on the b’day of the blog it crossed a thousand.

Coming back to “Life is beautiful, Random & Crazy” , we started with Tears for Sale an contemporary post, and then some office gossip with Busy, Void Busy. Laddu was my first try on the divine knot and then Moksha which is about experimented experience of a guy. In October we paid tribute to Steve Jobs and Jagjit Singh, then some social swareness by It Rains in Chennai too. The blog audience was small then Revolution 2020 review worked Rakhi Sawant way, lots of people disliked this post, but it made a marking, lots of smart audience came in to read the review than ‘wasting’ time reading the whole book.

Initially the blog audience was small the real breakthrough came with The Great Indian Arranged Marriage Duo, these two posts were written hilariously on the tough process of arranged marriage in India. One of my friends showed it to her colleagues in Singapore who were amazed at how marriages are arranged in India. However the rocket finally launched with Why this Kolaveri di series , the four posts generated nearly seven thousand pageviews and hundreds of comments. I became a part time counsellor with the aid of anonymous Google chat back facility of the blog.

Now, after 7 months, more than just stories I consider my blog to be an ‘Inspiration’ to those who think their life is over after loosing someone/something.

My blog is different when there are thousand of inspirational around?
Coz in real life those famous stories don’t motivate us, but my blog does because I am someone amongst you. I don’t have anything special, I am the guy next door who share same upbringing like other normal Indian boy. If I can do it, anyone can.

Last month, nearly 15 people pinged me to seek advice on how to ‘Move on’ after a loss. The five stages of grief funda really works, at least worked for a few. Like Raghu says in roadies “No loss is too big”. I don’t know their names but two of them came back to thank me, what else I would have ask God for.

At last as promised I am writing down the names of the great individuals who has been my inspiration at times. Among these I forced some to proofread by blogs at 2 AM and they never said no.  These are the people who knowingly/unknowing became a part of the blog and made it strong. I can’t say you thank you now, coz the Journey just began.
In alphabetical order …
Aditi, Ashish, Ashu, Anubhav, Chaitra, Maurya, Preeti, Ramya, Rashmi, Rishabh, Shalini, Shubhra, Sourashree, Shwetha Satish, Subhash and all Anonymous. 

I am planning to move the blog base to Word press in coming days. Will keep you updated. Thanks for loving & sharing.


+Pritam Pal




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mr. Blogger.

    Dil hote jo
    Mere seene mein do
    Doosra dil bhi main
    Tumhe deta todne ko...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent,
    Congratulations, dont upset dear, you will reach d mass soon. A little brushing and little luck is what u need.
    What's next milestone ? 20000 or 50000 ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention,
    Thanks for putting my name in the list dear.
    Now scratch yr head who im.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wao Pritam
    Congratulations for the milestone.
    We always knew there is some spark in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pritam, A million waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. U r not writing with yr heart dear, I can feel that.
    Last few posts missed the charm.
    Where is the passion ? Bring it on dear

    ReplyDelete